Sustainability programs are no longer a nice to have for enterprises. In today’s ecosystem, it’s both a financial and social necessity.
Data centers are among the highest consumers of power, consuming more than 70 billion kilowatt-hours of electricity a year. Therefore, sourcing clean energy to power your IT operations is a critical path to implementing sustainable practices for your business and even can lower the TCO of your data center environment.
There are four ways clean energy can be sourced in your data center:
- Selecting the "green power" option from your local utility company
- Purchasing renewable energy certificates (or RECs)
- Purchasing renewable energy directly from a power plant developer
- Do it yourself
For more information and detail on these four ways to source clean energy, download our white paper below.
You'll also learn about:
- How renewable energy in the data center can help your business
- Green innovations that are happening in the data center
- What to look for in a sustainable data center provider